Future Motors Ltd
A start-up in 2018 is a business which joins software intelligence with physical product (electric motors) to enable significant energy reduction and control in businesses with the aim of supporting worldwide environmental goals as well as increasing the commercial success of those businesses. As a start-up we are focused on delivering exemplary and trustworthy service through motivated, well rewarded employees and partners who share our vision of a better environmental future.
As with any start up, every role has a responsibility to ‘turn their hand’ to whatever is necessary in this rapid growth phase. Roles are expected to flex and grow as the business succeeds.
Job Role: Technical Support Engineer
Reports To: Technical Manager
Providing technical support and training to ensure best practice installation and system control at our customers premises. Validation of approved installers/contractor, training and certification, supporting equipment surveys & recommendations, providing continuous feedback and fostering the communications with SMC. An essential support role to provide due diligence in quality of installation and operation to protect our brand and maximise customer’s energy savings for end user.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Carry out training of contractors/installers/client representatives on the SMC Motor systems and ancillary equipment in line with approved training material.
- Champion the SMC smart motor system benefits and ensuring that the fundamental intelligence is used to its full ability ensuring maximum energy savings are adopted.
- Management of Client pilots with installation of motors and reporting of data to interested parties
- Provide support and advice to clients/installers to assist their roll-out plans to enable greatest efficiency of resources
- Support Sales Teams as appropriate intelligence and new potential leads/priorities
- Use XOi (our installation process ‘app’) and promote and train the supply chain to ensure consistency and quality of site survey information.
- Ensure regular feedback/reporting of all that goes well, items that require attention or improvement and mitigate any foreseen issues that need timely resolving.
- Be fully abreast with ‘Software Motor Company’ product developments and technical updates to ensure we maximise our positive impact both commercially and operationally.
- Electrical or controls qualification preferred but not essential
- Mechanical and electrical understanding of drive motor systems required
- Experience rather than educational achievement is required
- Project Management Experience an advantage
- A self-motivated and service orientated individual who can know when and how to consult within the team to ensure change lands successfully but quickly.
- Proficient and adept communicator required at all levels
- Full UK Driving Licence.